The Rural Doctors Association (NSW), established in 1987, is one of seven state and Territory members of the Rural Doctors Association of Australia. RDA NSW is a non-profit organisation with our core business being to ensure the viability of working in the country for rural doctors by addressing the key industrial issues. Membership of RDA (NSW) is open to all NSW’s rural doctors, students, generalist and specialist, not just those who work at the 125 smaller rural hospitals in New South Wales.
With the co-operation of other stakeholders, RDA (NSW) is at the forefront in seeking solutions to the current rural workforce shortage. Activities range from those targeted towards high school students, through to GP retention grants including Anaesthetic and Obstetric Incentive Grants. These are in addition to CME/locum subsidies, Practice Incentive Payment bonuses, up-skilling grants of several thousand dollars, and remote area recruitment grants for removal and set-up expenses. We work in collaboration with The Land Newspaper who provides financial support to medical students.
Other membership benefits are outlined below:
What you receive at all times…
- Strong representation and advocacy in State and Federal Health Issues
- Constantly delivering GP’s & specialists better conditions and income
- Peer support
- Rural Doctors Settlement package which sets out the conditions and fees for providing care to emergency and public inpatients
- A Management Committee continually advocating for your rights and needs
- Regular newsletters including important topics relevant to rural doctors with a focus on workforce and financial sustainability issues.
- Access to our website and up to date information at all times
- Educational and social networking activities in collaboration with the Rural Doctors Network including conferences
- RDA NSW have gained Practice Incentive Payment (PIP) loadings for rural doctors